Thursday, April 26, 2012

This is part of my circles series that I've been developing ever since the first large one I've ever done. They are constructed in the same manner as my ovals, only they are circles. These are from the smaller ones, roughly 4 inches in diameter, this I made into a diptych. This diptych format occurred by happenstance since I made one circle outline and simply forgot about it. But when it reemerged I noticed that there was just enough room to add another circle that would then make an interesting connection between the two. Its important for me to bring the 'happenstance' to mind because that is how I process my collages when I work in the beginning. I lay down pieces depending on color and percentages with the white background, then begin to play off of other found pieces that correspond with other shapes, whether I'm playing off of other pieces according to line, shape, color, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment